Friday, January 20, 2012

20 Jan 2012

This just might be the last mission blog.  Things are really getting busy as we are coming down the home stretch.  Very exciting to know we will be home in less than 3 weeks.  And a few emotions about leaving the mission field.  You probably cannot believe I am saying that, and neither can I, but we have made some wonderful life time friends, and some of them Russians.  We will be friends with many of the missionaries when they come home.  Couple of the elders live within 30 min. of us.The senior couples have already got plans to meet. But the spirit of the mission field has been a blessing in our lives.  And our children have been a blessing to us as they have served with us.  We could not of done it without them.
O.K. Gene checked himself out of the hospital or he would probably still be there. The man he shared the room with could speak English.  But he could not get out of bed.  His wife was visiting and Gene had tried everything he could to get the nurses to get the doctor because he wanted to go home.   He finally asked the man's wife if she would help him.  She was happy too.  She told the nurses to get the doctor and that Gene was going home.  In 30 minutes he he saw the doctor and got himself checked out. And he has been great since.  What a blessing.
Picture time:
Going to the hospital to visit Gene

Elder Perfiliyev and Elder Jenkins helped me find my way
on the metro to the hospital  I could not of done it
myself.  I was so thankful to them .for helping me.

Another wonderful baptism.  This is the boyfriend of
one of our young sisters.  Her name in Jana and I cannot
say his name.  But he was so happy to be baptized.

Elder Ayers, Elder Everett, the boy?, Elder Narbotnakov and
Elder Palmer.  These 3 elders all had a part in teaching this boy.
I guess I should say young man.

And winter finally came.  It is about 14 degrees F today.
These winter pictures are of last Sunday at church.

The children are always out playing.  This is the ice
skating rink by the church/

Mothers with buggies.  I just love watching all the people
outside.  Many if not most do not have cars.  So they are use
to getting around by foot, bus or metro.

My favorite.  A little, teeney, tiny girl on the ice
skating rink.  Of course no ice skates.  Just all bundled
up scarf and all.

We had womens conference this week at the Mission Home.
It was a great day with all the sisters.

Love them all.  And they are all different..But so special out
serving the Lord.

Sister Bice is teaching on how to get along with your companion.
She said learn now because it will prepare you for marriage.

My sweet Sister Ashby writing everything she is learning
in her journal.  I watched her deep in thought many times.

Our Dear Sister Carlson who was going to get married and then
she and her boyfriend both knew she needed to serve a
mission.  So they parted for 18 months.  They have their
wedding date set for this June.  Isn't that a great sacrifice and
an example of true love?

A group picture. Starting at left..Sister Hoorspool, Sister Bullough, Sister Ashby,
Sister Savchuk, 2nd row R-L Sister Huefner, Sister Sorenson, Sister Palmer,
Sister Craythorn, Sister Carlson, Sister Uskova, Sister Frolova,Back row L-R
Sister Thrall, sister Mordwinow, Sister Daniels, Sister Petersen, Sister Workman,
Sister Naegle, me, Sister Rasmussen, Sister Hobbiebullina, Sister Bice and
Sister Walker.

Elder Hayes and Sister Ashby singing I know that my Redeemer
Lives,  Spiritual thought for English club.  Very pretty.

China at the ward building.  Just love it.
The cards go around the closet.  Love them all
We have loved playing the card a day game.  The box is
getting fewer and fewer.  But it is always fun each night
to open one and seee who it is from.  I hang them all
on the closet door in the living room.
District meeting with Elder G, Elder Hayes, Elder Ayers, Elder Everett,
Sister Hobbiebullina, Sister Ashby and Elder Law,  We
love them all.


Thank You to all:
We have so appreciated your faith and prayers for us as
we took this leap of faith and served in Moscow Russia.
It took us all to get this done and it has been a wonderful
expierence.
We will be home on the night of Feb 11 and will speak in church
the next morning Feb. 12th  Yikes!!!!Hope we are awake.
Our church building has chanaged.  We are on 2700 W about
half way between 7800S and 9000 S.  Right by the golf course
and sugar factory road.  Any questions call Michelle or Mitch or
you can e-mail us.
Das-e-don-ya  (goodby)
                                                                                
                                                                           

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a sweet post Mom. I'm so proud of you and Pa and the great mission you've had. You've truly blessed all our lives. However, I am ready for you to back here with us!!! 3 weeks cannot come soon enough for me.

Now for my picture comments... I had a whole range of emotions. It made me sad to see you at the hospital visiting dad. You looked lonely. I'm so glad you're back together. Then I had to laugh at the cute little girl in her pink snowoutfit. Darling! Then I had to say, "wow", when I saw how lovely the mission home was. And finally a big smile when I read that Pa bought pizza for everyone. Some things just don't change. I love how you look after all these missionaries and take care of them as though they were your own. I know they love you too.

Angie said...

Dearest Gene and Marcia,

I am not going to lie and say I am not excited to see you, but I understand your feelings are bittersweet. I think this has been a wonderful learning experience for you and for your family. You have been richly blessed and I know that you will continue to think back on this time for many years to come.

Safe journey home!

Angie

Heather said...

Hi there! So I know your entire mission has come and gone but I have enjoyed occasionally glanceing and seeing what the two of you have been up to. We've soooo enjoyed having Mitch and Sonya in the ward and will be sorry to lose them, but we're anxiously awaiting all the fun stories that you'll have to share when you come back!