Monday, November 8, 2010

07 Nov 2010

What a busy week!!
Monday was started with another big surprise.  When we walked into the office there was 2 packages on my desk.  That makes me so excited.  One was from Penneys..I tried to order a skirt and sweater to see if they would make it here and they did.  Shipping and handling a bit expensive..but beats trying to figure out what you are trying to buy here...Then the other was from Mitch and Sonya.  So many fun things.  You would never think that Mothers Cookies and eye drops and tylenol PM and hair things could be so exciting.  But believe me when you do not have them you are so excited to get them.  Cute picture of the girls with their scarey teeth.  And Gene's favorite the gators.  He put them right on and made sure everyone saw them.  He is sure they will keep the bottom of his suit pants clean in the winter when we are out walking. And they probably will.  So thank you so much Mitch and Sonya and Morgan and Karlee.  A few new pictures were added to my board.  Then Monday night we did our first cultural event.  A native Russian Marina, got us all ticket to go see the BYU piano quartet.  then she took us their.  What a treat.  Theatre is so big here.  Where we went to watch this had a number of big theatres around and it was so beautiful.  The paino quartet was amazing.  Two men play one piano.  We just loved it.  And for an oncore they played Stars and Stripes Forever.  It brought tears to our eyes.  You will never know how much we have learned to love America. so that was just a piece of home to us. Such a fun night.
The other fun thing we did this week was go to President Sorensons house for dinner.  He had all the seniors over for dinner and a little meeting.  It was a great night.  To get everyone to their house is not easy.  Many he had to go pick up when they got off the subway.  Gene and I just left from the office with him so we had it good.  But nowhere is close in Russia.   It takes a long time to get anywhere.  If we can do church in 6 hrs that is good.  So it is 3 hrs total up and back and 3 hrs in church. 
To get into our office you have to step over a ridge.  Everything is step over, step in, step around, step down, step uneven and on and on.  I was not paying attention (As Gene would say is always the case) and triped over the ledge.  I went flying and hit my head and noice right on the reception's desk.  Lucky I did not hurt myself worst because when I hit it hurt so bad.  Thank goodness no one saw that happen.  If I make it home in one piece that is going to be the biggest miracle ever.  Gene keeps saying "Marcia, watch where you are going) but I am always interested in what is happening around me just like many of my grandchildren. So a cut on my nose and a sore nose will be noticed by all for awhile.
If any of you have blog sites please send the address to us so we can follow what you are doing.  You can coment on here on send them to mggronning2@hotmail.com.. Until next week..Gene and Marcia

2 packages on Monday morning

Look at all the fun things

One happy granny

One happy pa with his new gators

Full of everything we need

Look at my fun wall..the missionaries say we have got more
in 3 months than have in 18 months

I keep pictures right in front of me so I can look at them constantly.

Subways are always crowded.  Notice how pretty the stations are

Going into the Sleyventa Hall for the piano quartet

Beautiful hall

Marina arranged for us to meet them after the show

Way home crossing the Moscow River

Marina and her husband.  We bought her some flowers

Some pretty building.  Do not know what it is

Dinner at President Sorensons

Ledge going into office.  I trip on it quite frequently

Cut on nose where I ran into the receptionist desk

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I LOVE you and I love reading your blog. I'm sitting her laughing, just thinking of dad telling you to pay attention. He just doesn't understand how much is going on around him and how fun people watching is. Such a man :)
Glad to hear you were able to get out and enjoy yourselves at the concert. The hall is beautiful! Keep posting lots of pictures. They make me smile. I love you much!!!!

Bell Family said...

Great pictures!! What an awesome experience. I love you wall of pictures and drawing. What a grandma/mom you are!!

Unknown said...

enjoyed your blog ..as always. Sorry that you got an OWEE. Wear those with pride. I loved the eyes!! The pictures are great that you send each week. Again, please send me your mailing address. Thats an order. Love, Joyce