Sunday, November 14, 2010

14 November 2010

Well we were skyping with Michelle the other night and she was a little sad.  Just having a hard time that we were so far away.  Of course Gene does not get it, but I told her I felt the same.  I said if you asked me if the time has gone fast so far(and we just hit the 4 month mark) I would say very fast.  But looking ahead to the remaining 14 seems so far away.  So Michelle lets not look so far.  Day by day...Week by week.
The week starting with the elders coming over for dinner.  When the old President left his wife left the elders with 2 roast.  They did not know how to cook them so I told them I would cook them for them.  So that is what we did Monday night for family night.  I am having issues with the smell of the meat here, so by the time we were ready to eat I couldn't eat it.  But they said it was really good.. The beef especially smells so bad when it is cooking.  Hamburger is awful alone.  But if we mix it in something like spagetti I can eat it. The last time I cooked hamburger for tacos Gene did not like it either.  Anyway after dinner Gene gave a lesson on David and Goliath and how we all have to face our own Goliaths's in life.  And then he asked them to think about why David went and got 5 shinny stones instead of just one ugly rock?  He knew he would kill him with one stone.  So you ponder that also.
Tuesday was an awful day.  It was flu shot day and we were all told we had to get one.  This is where being obedient came in.  Because some of the missionaries did not want one and asked if it was a choice.  I told President if it was a choice I was first man out!! Not a choice.  Others would have to suffer from our bad choices.  We would get sick and then make them sick.  Not a pleasant time.  Some of the seniors could not make it to where we needed to be so they had Gene give shots to them at senior night.  They were a little hesitant at first but then told him what a good job he did.  We said he had a good teacher.  Our friend Hugh.
President Lawrence of the Area Presidency and wife were at senior night and she gave us a lesson on the twelve tribes of Israel and then talked aabout the lost 10 tribes which the scriptures say they went to the North country.  So we had a very interesting discussion on that and many believe there are some here in Russia.  Very interessting lesson.
On our way home from English club on Wed night about 9p.m. we were standing at the train station bus stop which is kind of a scarey place and we got offered our first beer.  The man tried so hard to convince  us to have a taste of his beer.  He even tried in English.  The bus came along and we passed on the beer.

Hope everyone is great.  Appreciate that beautiful land of America with your freedom.  We do miss that.
Until next week so long and take care..Gene and Marica

W
Elder Hansen and Elder Grover over for family night
and dinner on Monday.  Aren't they cute?

Who smiles when you get a shot?  I actually think that
is the Sacrament table where the nurse is.  Only in Russia.
Elder Cordoza was very scared.  He waited until almost the last person.


No expanation needed.  I do not like shots!!!

Gene giving Elder Budd a Flu shot.

Repairing the stairs to our apt. Can you believe this?

Very interesting lesson.
Gathering the ten lost tribes.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE this post. You're right -- I was feeling a little sad and I think the holidays will be hard, but I'm going to try to do one day at a time, and just anxiously await for the day my parents come home. Love the shot pictures. There you are -- covering your face and I'm sure your hands were sweating profusely, and then there's dad -- smiling. Come on!!! So funny!
I'm going to try and ponder the 5 stone question, but I would really just prefer dad send me the answer. :)
I love you both. Happy 4 months.

Unknown said...

I to had a flu shot last week and had a little reaction to it. just didn't feel good. I couldn't figure out why I was punny, and Darell said he thought it was the flu shot. So I guess he was right, because I feel ok today. Your face looked so much better Marcia. That is good. What a great thing that skype is. Not to long ago you would not have been able to see and hear each other, so that is a blessing. I loved President Monsons talk last conference on Gratitude. It is the season for that you know!! Hope you are staying warm and know you are surrond with love from good old America. So what is the answer to the five stones? Love, Joyce